Although, she did leave some pretty nice weather, and I didn't find any coal in my shoes.
Since she didn't drop off any of that aforementioned and much-needed decisiveness, I'm still wavering on whether or not to post a recent dessert recipe. I'm really bad in that respect, and it puts a bit of a damper on any prolificacy. However, I'm pretty good at multi-tasking, if I do say so myself.1 So, while I'm wavering on that one, I will post this other, which is just as delicious but more nutrient-dense and much less involved2 to prepare.
Hmmm.... seems like my indecisiveness is working out pretty well.
|(another) Breakfast that eats like dessert.|
I gave my pudding a boost with half of a scoop of raw protein powder, but it's not necessary. Also, while the pudding is really quite delicious as is, you can make it a little more decadent (and more cookie dough-ish) by adding a bit of coconut oil; if you tolerate nuts, you could also try adding a tablespoon or two of raw cashew butter or soaked raw cashews.
Chia Cookie-Dough Pudding
(makes one serving)
- 1 Cup (8 fl. oz) Homemade Raw Flax Milk (OR your favorite raw nut/coconut milk)
- 3 scant Tbsp (28g) Chia Seeds
- 2-3 Pitted Medjool Dates (best if they're soft and gooey; mmmmm...)
- generous pinch of Sea Salt (don't omit, it really brings out the cookie dough flavor)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla or seeds from 1/4 of a vanilla pod
- 1-2 tsp Raw Cacao Nibs
- (Optional) 1/2 Scoop Raw Protein Powder (I like Garden of Life®)
- (Optional) 1/2 tsp Virgin Coconut Oil
Combine nut milk, dates, salt and vanilla (if you're using raw protein and/or coconut oil, add those as well) in a blender, and blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a separate bowl or glass, and stir in the chia seeds. Keep mixing until the seeds begin to stay suspended in the mixture.
Allow the mixture to sit for a minimum of 15-20 minutes (or overnight, if you prefer); the chia seeds will do their thing and thicken the pudding. Once your pudding is pudding-like, stir in the cacao nibs. That's it! Easy? You betcha.
|I don't know that I wanted to find her|
lurking over my shoes anyway.
Image Source: Google Images
Create a Fa-befana-lous Day!
1. I think the ADD actually helps in a weird way. Go figure.
2. Super Easy/Simple/Uncomplicated
3. In a bowl.. I know today is La Befana and all, but this is probably not a treat you'd want to find in your shoe. Yes; much better served in a bowl.